If you made donations, paid school fees (not tertiary), paid a housekeeper or childcare anytime over the past 4 years you are entitled to receive a tax credit if you paid PAYE. There is also a special tax credit if you have received redundancy between 1 December 2006 and 1 October 2011.



If you have not yet made a claim on past donations, housekeeper, school fees and childcare, now is the time to do so as tax credits can only be claimed back up to four years, making any payments prior to this lost. Even if you only have a small amount of receipts for the above items, a claim is definitely worthwhile.

For example:

Peter gave $50 to his church every week for the past 4 years. He has not claimed any tax credits, so he would now be owed total tax credits of $3,466.67 (as long as his taxable income was over $2,600pa and he had paid PAYE).

Recapture Refunds has a 15% fee that is deducted from tax credits.

Apply now and attach your receipts.                                                  


You can claim a tax credit for donations, including school fees (not tertiary), if you donated $5 or more anytime over the past four years and have the receipt.

If you no longer have the receipt, you can usually request a replacement one from the charity/school. Not all school fees are claimable – contact us for details.

Individuals can claim a 1/3 tax credit on their donations to approved organisations up to the amount of their taxable income.

Click here to search or download the list of approved donee organisations.


You can also claim a tax credit on housekeeper and childcare costs up to $940pa each for the years ending 31 March 2011 & 2012 if you have the receipts.

Housekeeper payments can be claimed if you or your partner were disabled or physically unable to do housework. You can claim 1/3 of all payments up to $940pa.

Childcare payments can be claimed if: you were a single parent; you and your partner are together and you both received salary or wages with PAYE deducted; or you or your partner were disabled or physically unable to care for your child.

If you no longer have the receipt, you can request a replacement one from your housekeeper or child carer – they are required to keep your records for 7 years.

Claim your tax credits now! Click here to apply.


There is also a tax credit on redundancy payments received between 1st December 2006 and 1 October 2011 paying up to $3,600. You will get back 6 cents in every dollar of redundancy you received (before tax).

You need to provide us with a copy of the redundancy letter from your employer with details of the date and amount of redundancy that was paid.

If you received a redundancy payout after 1 October 2011, you are probably still entitled to a refund. Click here to learn more about refunds…


Claim your tax credits now! Click here to apply.



© Copyright 2002 - 2008, Web site designed and hosted by Kudo (SPWD)